Saturday, December 31, 2011

Quality....



So this might be a tad meditative as WITC posts go and my idea is quality not quantity, which is always the value system at Platty. I skied the last two days and there was powder, chop, bumps which were a blast. My skiing was not quality. I don't know about you, but often I wake up in the middle of the night obsessing about things like my pole plant, that my upper body still flails about. And how much I wish I could ski like Steve Supp .... Last night was one of them. Which is a bummer for my poor husband. Who wants to hear their wife at 3 am talking about their ski hero (another man at that) or the drills she wants to do and the skis she really wants which are easier on chop? (BTW they're the K2 Lotta Luvs 2010-2011 if Santa is still listening)

All of which takes me away from quality. I was amazed at how great the trails were. (Which also explains why I've not been taking many pictures I never want to stop skiing) There might not be many trails open but the conditions were amazing. Powder, my friends, powder, that was fun and a challenge to ski. It wasn't skied off and there were a few slick spots (I believe in full honesty here at WITC) but there was good snow to be had. And this is what I love about Platty. Even if I didn't have 10 trails to choose from (which are more like 5 given that most hills count a trail that gets crisscrossed and joined by another as 2 trails, ski-flation if ever I heard it), the conditions were great.

Much to the credit of Macker and Nolan and the Platty team, but also that Platty is a little secret.

Then check out the pics below,the action shots of the young'uns sprawled out on Lower Face throwing snowballs at ski patrol. Gotta love them. Ski patrol and the kids. Platty is a place that welcomes all, and that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment